Vice President, Strategy and Development
- Posted: over a month ago
The Office of Strategy and Proposal Development is meant to tackle the most interesting and pressing challenges in higher education and behavioral health through critical strategic planning, advisory, and analytical support. The Office serves the college as a partner in the identification and development of mission-related opportunities that transform the college’s model for sustainable success in the 21st century. We achieve this mission by providing business analysis and project management expertise for transformational strategic initiatives (often serving as an internal consulting agency), by providing best-in-class market research and business analysis to the William James College community, and by supporting the college’s strategic planning processes and the cultivation of a strategic mindset in all areas of the institution. We are seeking the office’s inaugural leader and Vice President.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Vice President reports to the President and owns and/or implements several of the Office’s key ongoing services and functions and, in doing so, is fundamental to serving as a key strategic partner.
- Market Research & Business Analysis
- Owns the implementation of the college’s market research and business analysis processes, with an emphasis on educational programming, but with opportunity for expansion in the future
- Completes and manages others in completing market research: such as competitor benchmarking, Peer school / employer interviews, labor market assessments, general higher education trends
- Develops and delivers formal reports and presentations summarizing meaningful findings and recommendations for an executive audience
- Program Portfolio Development & Review
- Develops the vision for and owns the implementation of the college’s program development, approval, and review process in strong collaboration with the President and Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Develops and maintains the templates, policies, and standard operating processes that support the development and review of academic programs
- Manages a SharePoint database of program proposals and existing programs, centers, and affiliation agreements
- Manages the operations of the Program Development and Approval Committee (PDAC), a cross-functional committee between the President and Vice President Academic Affairs
- Strategic Planning & Mindset Cultivation
- Transformational Initiatives
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of Master’s degree and 7-10 years’ professional experience
- Excellent skills and demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- Financial, business, and strategic analysis skills (e.g., survey development and analysis, market studies, pricing analysis, competitor benchmarking, financial / database analysis, business case development)
- Project management and leadership of complex strategic projects
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills in a variety of settings, e.g., one-on-one , leading large groups, presentations, ability to work with senior and junior stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible – able to shift and adapt with projects and as the department/office grows
- Proactive – does not need substantial direction, looks for opportunities to go above and beyond
- Empathetic – demonstrates ability to understand, articulate, and adapt to a wide variety of skill sets and perspectives
- Sense of humor, a positive and collaborative attitude, and a team player mentality, willing to take on any task big or small
- Master’s degree in business or other relevant field
- Experience working in or with education, non-profit, government, or other public sector organizations
- Experience in management, strategy, operations consulting
Our benefits package includes generous health, vision and dental insurance, eligibility for both College funded 401(a) retirement plan and College sponsored 403(b) plan, company paid life and long term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous PTO, and professional development opportunities.
William James College is not-for-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Employment at William James College may qualify towards The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service#qualifying-employer
Applications will be reviewed when submitted and considered until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit:
- A Cover Letter responding to the stated qualifications.
- A Résumé
- A list of three professional references with complete contact information. (References will not be contacted without the candidate’s prior permission.)
To apply, please visit our career site:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=40dab9cd-14a1-4d29-b356-da8c9cb6fb6f&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
- Click on the position you are interested in applying to
- Click the “Apply” button to begin the application process
Inclusive Excellence at William James College: William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness, and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
William James College, Inc.
AddressNewton Center, MA
BusinessView all jobs at William James College, Inc.