Reception Back Up - Pension Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: The Receptionist/Pension Support Specialist is a hybrid role shared between the General Support and Pension Departments. This position will serve as a second or back up receptionist and as a support specialist in the Pension Department. It is anticipated that the person in this role will perform the duties as assigned on a daily basis, based on operational needs of the Company.
Ø High school graduate or acceptable equivalent level of education
Ø One year recent office experience as a receptionist (beneficial if with a TPA or similar office setting)
Ø Excellent research skills along with strong verbal communication skills are required to respond to all internal and external customer inquiries.
Ø Excellent and consistent attendance/punctuality is required.
Ø Ability to read and understand written and verbal directions
Ø Excellent organizational skills
Ø Proficient with 10 key, PC, Word, Email, Excel, Enrollment/Eligibility software
Ø Strong interpersonal skills
Ø Ability to work under pressure
Ø Team player
Summary of essential job functions
This position requires the employee to be responsible and proficient in, but not limited to the following:
· Accessing a multiple line phone system and routing of calls accurately and timely; backup for incoming pension participant calls
· Assisting counter calls in a multi-task environment
· Accepting member premium contribution payments; missing participant research and documentation
· Announcing Plan Professionals for meetings with Account Executives
· Entering participant demographics and pension benefit demographics
· Adhere to all established policies and procedures in both departments
· Mail daily system generated letters; correspondence and posting related to pension
· Indexing of Kovis scanned document batches
· Special General Support and Pension Department projects as assigned
· Annual return to work mailing coordination and documentation for various trusts
· Review and handling of returned mail (i.e. bad address, etc.)
· Documentation is to be kept in order and available by Trust and Department as appropriate.
· All Customer Service telephone calls that occur must be handled in a timely and accurate manner.
· All Receptionist Desk customer voicemail messages are to be routed throughout the day on a timely and accurate basis.
· Follow through on all assigned tasks
· Valid drivers license and active full coverage auto insurance.
· Back up to courier runs (I.e. bank, po box mail pick up, local union, and adhoc requests) to be determined.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
William C. Earhart Company, Inc.
The William C. Earhart Company, Inc, a third party administrator (TPA) of employee benefits, has been a leader in the benefits industry since inception. Founded by Bill Earhart for 39 years the company has successfully transitioned to third generation leadership, and is well on its way to establishing the continued commitment to excellence in service and knowledge within the family's third generation employees. Earhart employees are dedicated professionals whose expertise ranges from health claim and pension adjudication through accounting, information technology, and financial administration.
12029 NE Glenn Widing DrivePortland, OR