Willdan Energy Solutions (WES) is one of the nation's preeminent providers of specialized energy, water, and resource management services to a growing list of clients that includes utilities, local and federal governments, hospitals, schools and private enterprises. WES's portfolio of services includes marketing and engineering, program management and implementation of energy efficiency and water conservation programs and development and implementation of information systems for the energy industry. WES's expertise also covers hardware retrofits, commissioning and retro-commissioning, demonstrations of new technologies, energy efficiency education/outreach, sustainability strategy and local government partnerships.
WES is seeking a full-time Energy Engineer to support our utility programs and energy efficiency projects from our Salt Lake City, Utah office. The qualified candidate must be self-motivated and possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. They must also demonstrate good customer service skills and a willingness to learn. The position is to start immediately.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics (Master's Degree preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in demand-side management energy efficiency, or a related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with various stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage multiple project, and meet deadlines.
- Comfort and familiarity with industrial environments
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of rotational machinery, HVAC equipment, and other power equipment
- Familiarity with managing large data sets
- Familiarity with spreadsheet modeling of engineering calculations
- Provide review and quality control of engineering deliverables
- Prepare and collaborate on engineering analysis and reports
- Project management of energy efficiency projects
- Site visits to customer facilities
- Mentoring and training of staff
- Maintain and/or update program databases and spreadsheets relating to project tracking
- Lead continuous improvement of engineering processes and deliverables
- Learn and effectively utilize various software applications
- Establish and maintain a variety of data and records in an organized manner
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, veteran status, pregnancy or predisposing genetic characteristics. Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.