Middle/High School Orchestra Teacher-Grades 5-12
Willcox Unified School District Willcox, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Orchestra Teacher, Grades 5-12 as assigned
Position is located in Willcox, AZ
Help each participating student achieve the highest possible level of skill acquire an appreciation for the values of musicianship; and to acquire an increased level of self-esteem.
- Employment as classroom teacher preferred proper certification required in accordance with the Arizona State Teacher Certification Board.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate, acceptable, and reasonable with all parties concerned.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Instructs individual participants in the skills necessary for positive achievement in each instrumental seasonal activity.
- Plans and schedules a regular program practice and rehearsal in preparation for seasonal activities to include strings and choir at both high school and middle school levels.
- Coordinates information and gives input to the two principals as referenced above.
- Recommends requisition and purchase of equipment, supplies, uniforms, as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for inventory of district owned musical instruments, music, supplies, and instrumental repair tools.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, and other required paperwork regarding requisitions/purchases.
- Oversees and supervises safety conditions of the area and of the facility in which classes are conducted.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition at both high school and middle school levels.
- Enforce discipline and appropriate student behavior at all times, on or off campus. Establish penalties for breaches of such standards by students in accordance with district policies.
- Maintains a level of personal conduct which will serve as a role model for the students. Maintains membership in one national/state music associations namely. Membership to be paid yearly by the school district.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations of the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
- Such other functions as may be reasonably assigned.
- Have at least one major performance for the public each semester, performed in the High School auditorium.
WUSD offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Salary DOE.
Please download application from wusd13.org, follow instructions and email to email@example.com
I encourage you check out the great secret here in Willcox. We have dedicated teachers, outstanding schools, friendly people, and incredible weather. Please visit the rest of the website, and check out everything that is happening in “cowboy country.”
Willcox Unified School District
Willcox Unified School District offers a full menu of choices for students. Our music program is exceptional and has gained statewide attention. Many of our athletic teams compete in the state finals, and our career and technical education program has offerings in many career fields. Our elementary school has an impressive reading program meeting the needs of our young readers no matter what their reading level. New teachers to the district receive substantial training and mentoring. We also have an impressive special services department. In Willcox, not only do we get the job done, we do it right! I encourage you check out the great secret here in Willcox. We have dedicated teachers, outstanding schools, friendly people, and incredible weather. Please visit the rest of the website, and check out everything that is happening in “cowboy country.”