Sr. Human Resources Manager
- Expired: July 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manager of Human Resources will be responsible for guiding all Human Resources functions for Willamette Farms. The role will coordinate with corporate HR and is responsible for developing HR policy and executing activities including legal compliance, recruiting, onboarding, HRIS systems, compensation, employee relations, training, and organizational development.
Essential Job Functions of the Human Resources Manager:
- Originate, lead, and execute key initiatives that support business goals
- Guide leaders and employees regarding company policies, values, HR programs (benefits, pay and salary) administration and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and promptly
- Develop and champion strategies to improve organizational health and culture
- Consults legal counsel as needed to ensure that policies comply with federal, state and local law
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations as needed
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services as needed
- Develops and maintains a HRIS that meets management information needs
- Coordinates management and leadership training for personal and organizational development
- Advises and guides management through investigations and resolution of employee relation issues
- Powerful and confident communication skills with the ability to effectively present to all levels of the organization
- Provides guidance and direct leadership to HR Team
- Oversees administration of performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Oversees the recruitment process to ensure timely interviewing, employment testing, and selection of employees to fill vacant positions
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies or other departments in the organization to ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance (e.g., FMLA, ADA, EEO and FLSA)
- Oversees preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations to improve employee retention
Education and Experience of the Human Resources Manager:
- 5+ years as an HR practitioner preferably in agricultural or related industry preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred, Masters a plus, in Human Resources, Business, or related field. HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Specific competencies required: strong interpersonal skills, strategic planning; business acumen; consultation; critical evaluation and problem solving; ethical practice; D&I thought leader; relationship management. Experience with ADP & Jazz preferred.
- Current knowledge of human resources practices, laws, and processes. Understanding of personnel practices applied within an agricultural industry environment; codes, regulations & laws; understanding of finance/accounting practices.
- English and Spanish proficiency (speak/read/write) strongly preferred.
Work Environment of the Human Resources Manager:
This role involves considerable exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, and noises. Individuals are also exposed to irritants, long hours, and inclement weather.
Travel Required: 25%
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds)
Willamette Egg Farms
BusinessView all jobs at Willamette Egg Farms