The Sterilization Technician helps in providing our patients with a wonderful experience and is a key part of our practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain a clean, sterile environment. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and clean each clinical chair/instrument in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Assist hygienist with patient charting.
• Prepare tray setups for procedures.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each chair, replenishing as needed.
• Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
• Keep lab neat and orderly
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations.
Qualities we are looking for in a Sterilization Technician:
• Energetic • Compassionate • Outgoing • Empathetic and Knowledgeable • Willing to learn and be taught • Coachable • Confident
• High school or equivalent
This job operates in an upbeat and FUN clinical office environment. This role routinely uses standard dental equipment such as x-rays, clinical and surgical hand tools, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is required to routinely use their hands with detailed dexterity when performing job duties. This is a moderately active role; the team member will be required to sit, stand for long periods of time, walk, and bend over routinely to perform all duties. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.