IT System / Cloud Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT System/Cloud Specialist
Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP seeks an IT System/Cloud Specialist for its top-tier regulatory practice in Washington, DC. This is an exempt position with a 40-hour work week and the need for occasional overtime. Once trained, the IT System/Cloud Specialist will be afforded the opportunity to work remotely two days each week, as approved by the IT Manager. We provide competitive compensation and benefits and an enjoyable, good-natured work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. Law Firm experience preferred.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should submit both cover letter and resume at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=70054&clientkey=A20996B513B8B8CE447749612059F666
This position is a key component of the Firm’s IT Department. We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, business-minded, and self-motivated team member with a customer service support background. The successful candidate will administer and maintain WBK’s on-premises and cloud network infrastructure systems. The following is not a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Responsibilities may be added or changed at any time with or without notice, as deemed necessary by the Firm.
- Maintain knowledge of all Firm operating systems and applications in order to assist in the planning, testing prior to deployment, and implementation of new and upgraded software systems;
- Plan, develop, design, integrate, and maintain all computer applications, including specialized applications specific to the Firm’s objectives;
- Perform system integration; hardware and software installation and configuration; and disposition of servers and workstations;
- Plan and coordinate complex software and hardware releases incorporating Microsoft Azure Intune and Autopilot;
- Perform the restoration of complex computing service operations;
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup, security, and disaster recovery planning;
- Assist with the IT aspects of onboarding and offboarding of employees and partners, and maintain the IT binder for new user training;
- Provide escalated technical support to users, directly and through the Help Desk, including installing, configuring, and maintaining software to accommodate user needs;
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting software, hardware, and networking/data communication technologies;
- Prepare and send notifications to users regarding system issues, inclusive of scheduled/unscheduled downtime;
- Provide in-house training (classroom, desk side, distance learning, and other appropriate channels) to ensure effective user-focused training;
- Manage network and document management permissions as they relate to user access, including updates to email distribution lists and account changes and deletions, to ensure network integrity and security;
- Develop and create Standard Operation Procedures for daily, weekly, and monthly technical tasks;
- Maintain and update the Firm’s Intranet by posting content from the Administrative Management Team and/or other stakeholders;
- Proactively research, evaluate, and suggest software projects that will improve Firm performance within budget limitations;
- Prioritize weekly project/tickets in a detailed format for review with IT Manager;
- As appropriate, participate in staff and management meetings to gather feedback on applications in place to determine how IT can best meet user needs; and
- Work with, notify and advise the Executive Director, IT Partner and other key partners regarding IT performance issues and important or unusual circumstances.
The following traits and qualities will help to ensure success in this position:
- Minimum five years of experience providing support to end users in a professional environment (ideally a law firm).
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with the following (or similar) platforms:
- VMware ESXI
- Windows Server 2016 & 2019
- Document Management Systems (the Firm currently uses NetDocuments)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365)
- Active Directory & Azure AD
- Microsoft 365 Administration
- Microsoft Endpoint Manage (MEM)
- Litera legal applications, including Innova, Change-Pro, and Metadact-e
- Strong understanding of information security practices and industry standards.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as being proactive and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work/projects and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business, Instructional Technology or combination of education, certifications, and demonstrable IT experience and ; or a track record of support roles that would indicate competence in, and a full understanding of, managing network infrastructure, including hardware and software applications. At least five plus years experience and three years in a prior training role.
About Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP
WBK specializes in regulatory practice before federal and state agencies, including the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Patent and Trademark Office, and state public utilities commissions, and in complex transactional matters presenting challenging regulatory issues.
WBK is a special place and we mean it when we say we are #notjustanotherlawfirm. The Firm offers clients the capabilities and expertise of a large firm combined with the personal style only a smaller firm can deliver. Each day we work together for both the common good of the group and the common goal of building and maintaining a nationally recognized legal practice. We highly value collaboration and support each other personally and professionally using our individual talents and expertise. All employees are encouraged to contribute in their own ways—there is no single model for success. We avoid silos, hierarchy, and bureaucracy, working as a team to deliver results.
WBK is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, age, racial or ethnic background, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status. The ideal candidate will also bring a strong work ethic, team-oriented ethos, and a healthy, perhaps even irreverent, sense of humor. We look forward to meeting you.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should submit both 1) cover letter and 2) resume at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=70054&clientkey=A20996B513B8B8CE447749612059F666
Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLPWhy Work Here?
WBK is a special place and we mean it when we say we're #notjustanotherlawfirm. We work together for the common good of the firm and clients
We offer the services, capabilities, standards, and expertise of a large firm combined with the flexibility and client-oriented personal style that only a smaller firm can deliver.
1800 M St. NWWashington, DC