Position Summary: Wilkes & McHugh has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our corporate office in Tampa, Florida. Successful candidate will have an extensive background of litigation experience by being able to demonstrate significant knowledge of Florida Rules of Civil Procedure including the preparation of legal documents, discovery, scheduling, and e-filing. The incumbent will support a trial attorney and collaborate with the team and additional litigation staff within the firm.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
· Skilled in legal research and writing, including drafting answers to complaints, discovery request, good faith letters, and motions.
· Strong ability to schedule calendars, watch deadlines, communicate with defense, court reporters.
· Proficient in calendaring depositions, mediations and hearings.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience required. B.S. Degree or Paralegal Certification preferred.
· Must have comprehensive understanding of Rules of Civil Procedure and e-file.
· Capacity to handle multiple assignments and tasks under pressure and deadlines.
· Ability to work in both an independent and team environment.
· Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft office and ability to navigate case management software.