Position Summary: Wilkes & McHugh has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our Lexington, Kentucky office. Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant knowledge of Kentucky Rules of Civil Procedure, with scheduling calendars, communicate with defense, court reports, and ensure travel for supporting attorney as needed. Additionally, the incumbent may assist with preparing and answering discovery, reviewing medical records for purposes of identifying key witnesses, creating timelines for case events, preparing deposition summaries, keeping track of discovery deadlines, drafting correspondence, and assisting with all other aspects of preparing a complex case for trial.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
· Candidate will have working knowledge of Kentucky civil rules and procedures.
· Scheduling calendars, watching deadlines, communication with defense, court reporters and ensuring travel for supporting attorneys.
· Working knowledge of e-file.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively and professionally with attorneys, other legal assistants, clients, and outside state organizations.
· Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred.