Legal Assistant (Discovery)
Wilkes & Associates, P. A. Tampa, FL
- Posted: 23 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
We are seeking a Legal Assistant (Discovery) to become a part of our team! You will provide overall support to attorneys' business needs.
The duties of the Legal Assistant Discovery include, but are not limited to:
· Drafting, responding to, and filing discovery requests.
· Reviewing discovery requests, and responsive documents.
· Tracking incoming discovery.
· Drafting good faith correspondence.
· Drafting discovery motions to compel.
· Pull case law and assist with creating hearing notebooks for hearings.
· Review hearing transcripts and drafting responsive Court Orders.
· Knowledge of legal documents, court filings and legal procedures.
· Experience filing in Florida E-Filing Portal and Judicial Automated Workflow System (JAWS)
· Some knowledge of Florida Rules of Civil Procedures.
· Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining strong attention to detail, and a willingness to adapt and learn new skills.
· Strong communicator with interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Basic knowledge of Westlaw a plus.
· Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and research skills.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office.
· Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred.
The above job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the company.
Wilkes & Associates, P.A. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wilkes & Associates, P. A.Why Work Here?
Wilkes & Associates, P. A. offers Competitive Salary and Full Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement.
Wilkes & Associate, P.A., is a multi-state civil litigation Plaintiffs’ firm which handles a wide variety of claims nationwide with its corporate offices in Tampa, FL. We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join our Lexington, Kentucky office. Wilkes & Associates, P.A. was named among the Top 20 Plaintiffs' firms in the country by the National Law Journal. We also have the honor of being featured for our work representing victims of nursing home abuse or neglect.
1 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa FL 33609Tampa, FL
LegalView all jobs at Wilkes & Associates, P. A.