- Posted: over a month ago
Wildtype is on a mission to create the cleanest, most sustainable seafood on the planet, starting with sushi-grade salmon. We're pioneering cellular agriculture to protect wild species and our oceans, and to reverse trends of global food insecurity. Wildtype will provide consumers with a new option for real seafood that provides the same nutritional benefits as the most pristine wild-caught fish, without common contaminants such as mercury, microplastics, antibiotics, or pesticides.
We were founded in 2016 by Aryé Elfenbein, a cardiologist and molecular biologist, and Justin Kolbeck (CEO), a former US diplomat who served in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in an effort to solve one of the world's biggest problems: how to feed a growing population without stripping the earth of its natural resources and biodiversity. Investors include L Catterton, Jeff Bezos, Spark Capital, CRV, Temasek, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Robert Downey Jr.'s Footprint Coalition, among others.
Come join us in transforming our food system for good!
What you will own at Wildtype
- Play a central role in creating our salmon products
- Perform physical, chemical, and organoleptic testing
- Assist in new ingredient sourcing and testing
- Maintain accurate experimental records
- Take part in managing inventory and ordering of supplies
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met
What you bring to Wildtype
- Bachelor's degree in food science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of food lab experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Able to learn quickly and excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience preparing analytical reagents and dilutions
- Comfortable taking notes, writing reports, and performing laboratory-related arithmetic
What we'll teach you
- New food science technologies and approaches
- How to apply your experience and / or education in food science to the production of next-generation seafood
- Within 1 month you will have learned the basics of the food production processes from your team members. You will be beginning to work on your own in going through each step of the process. You will learn how to carefully document batch records within central control documents. You will have performed a few advanced analyses (including organoleptic taste tests) on the samples you have produced. You will have defined your professional development goals for the next twelve months.
- Within 3 months you will have mastered the process of creating our food products, and will be relied upon to produce according to a set schedule. You will begin contributing ideas for process and product improvement.
- Within 6 months your skills will have developed to the point where you can independently train a new hire on Wildtype's entire production process. Your work will be organized effectively to achieve tasks on time at a high level of quality. You will have executed your first independently designed experimental process run with controls, and presented your findings at a team research meeting.
- Within 12 months you'll be managing and carrying out multiple experimental runs simultaneously. You will be able to articulate how your work directly impacts the company's milestones. You will routinely take the initiative to research topics independently and volunteer new ideas or approaches.
To learn more about Wildtype and see our newest updates, check out our blog!
Wildtype is committed to building a diverse workplace spanning multiple dimensions including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Wildtype