The shipping/receiving clerk is responsible for the accurate receipt of incoming shipments and the preparation of outgoing freight shipments. The shipping/receiving clerk reports directly to the Warehouse Manager.
- Preparing shipments by staging, packing and labeling shipments in compliance with customer/carrier specifications and maintain proper records.
- Verifying receipt of incoming materials for accuracy and that they are accompanied by proper paperwork and that full traceability is maintained.
- Maintain compliance to all company policies, procedures, and 3rd party certification requirements including SQF, FDA, USDA Organic, Kosher and Gluten-Free
- Allergen labeling and segregation at receipt of raw materials
- Work closely with Quality on release of raw materials
- Work closely within ERP system to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Put products in storage and assist production with material movement requirements
- Ensure proper inventory management through proper record keeping
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ year working in a similar role
- Experience working within an ERP system
- Forklift Operating Experience
Tools and Equipment
- Microsoft Suite
- ERP experience, Microsoft Navision Preferred
- Material Handling Equipment (Forklift, Pallet Jacks)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs
- Work may be conducted in both warm and cold environments including coolers, freezers and commercial kitchen environments
- 1st Shift