Job Description - Quality Control Manager
Reporting to -
Wildpack is a rapidly growing and established co-packaging and co-manufacturer with multi-site facilities for both non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Wildpack produces and packages ready-to-drink beverages for a variety of brand owners in the retail CPG space.
The company specializes in aluminum can beverage sleeving, filling, and third-party logistics. We are looking for someone who is a natural leader and is committed to delivering high quality service with high-performance results. We are looking for you to take charge of projects and to confidently navigate competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Bring an entrepreneurial spirit and come grow your career in a fun, inclusive, and established business that is supportive with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Wildpack has continued to expand its team and clientele base year-after-year and expects to continue its growth through training, developing, and opening opportunities to its team through career advancement.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Wildpack Beverages is looking for a dedicated, full-time Quality Control Manager who will be responsible for promoting a quality mindset across the entire plant location under the direction set by the Quality and Centre of Excellence leadership across the company.
The company specializes in aluminum can beverage sleeving, filling, and third-party logistics. We are looking for someone who is a natural leader and is committed to delivering high quality service with high-performance results. We are looking for you be the link between exceptional production, the highest standards of Quality Control and helping the Pack members at your location navigate it all. You will be given the opportunity to take charge of projects and to confidently navigate competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Bring an entrepreneurial spirit and come grow your career in a fun, inclusive, and established business that is supportive with lots of opportunity for advancement.
- Lead the quality and food safety program for one of our busy plants at Wildpack Beverages
- Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products
- Responsible for ensuring Food Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures are adhered to including but not limited by SQF, HACCP, and any customer quality requirements
- Leads the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals, the Food Safety Plan and Food Quality Plan
- Oversee development, implementation, review, and maintenance of SQF program
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers
- Develops raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements, conferring, and negotiating with suppliers, and devising testing methods and procedures
- Implements in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods and devising testing methods and procedures
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures
- Institutes rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures
- Creates and maintains product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements
- Collaborates with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- BA or BS in appropriate discipline, preferred BS in Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology
- 2 + years' experience leading a team, preferably in a beverage or food manufacturing environment.
- 2 years experience working with ERP System (SAP, JD Edward, Odoo, etc.)
- HACCP certification preferred
- SQF experience
- Knowledge of FDA and GMP standards
- Experience with Third Party Food Audits, a plus
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multitask
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
We invest in our people, support their growth through mentorship, professional development, and education opportunities. We strive to offer a work-life balance, creating a culture that is people-focused and fun. Here are some of the benefits you can expect as part of our team:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K program with company match, up to 4%
- Paid time off
- Casual (but professional) work environment
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wildpack BeverageNorth Las Vegas, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.