This job is located in Hermosa Beach, CA. All candidates must be able to work from this office regularly.
We are looking for dispatch and customer service specialists able to proactively manage high work volumes while developing relationships with a large portfolio of vendors and clients. Strong candidates have well-developed interpersonal skills, are excellent on the phone, are comfortable with conflict management and high-stress situations, and thrive within a team environment. Patience, prioritization, and strong problem-solving skills are critical.
Our business safely, humanely resolves wildlife issues for corporate clients nationwide. You will be responsible, alongside your teammates, for receiving incoming wildlife issues (work orders), overseeing and coordinating resolution of each work order with vendor and client contacts, developing relationships with these contacts, and managing information and documentation across multiple systems. This is a high-paced, high-stress job in which you will be required to make dozens of important decisions each day. The most promising candidates often have experience in dispatch, sales and/or high-volume account management, but there is no formal experience required for this position. You DO NOT need to know anything about wildlife or wildlife management, and will be expected to learn on the job. You DO need the ability to work and problem-solve independently and alongside teammates, de-escalate challenging business and interpersonal situations, and succeed in a demanding environment where each person brings their “A-game” every day.
This IS NOT a job for somebody who wants to simply clock in and clock out each day. This IS a job for somebody who wants to be pushed to be their best, learn, grow, and have a real impact as part of an exceptional team.
We are currently seeking individuals in both part-time and full-time capacities, with the ability to work mornings, nights and/or weekends a major plus. Proximity to our Hermosa Beach office is crucial. Promising candidates will be given many opportunities to expand their responsibilities if desired.
About our organization
We are a small, family-owned business that sets the standard for the wildlife management industry. We process over 3,000 work orders each year while maintaining the highest KPIs in the industry. Our performance allows us to maintain relationships with some of the largest corporations in America, who trust us to resolve their wildlife issues with speed, discretion and exceptional communication.
You will be responsible for:
- Learning and developing competence with our custom-built suite of workflow tools (Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Receiving and actively managing 30+ work orders each day
- Working alongside in-person and remote teammates to continuously prioritize, identify and resolve dozens of issues and problems each day. Expect to be continuously managing, instructing and problem-solving.
- Managing information across a variety of digital workflow tools with high attention to detail and quality control
- Developing trusted relationships with client and vendor contacts
- Developing expertise in wildlife management to independently make decisions under tight timelines
You will need:
- A proactive mindset is CRITICAL. We need individuals who want to “close the loop” on every job, do things right, and never leave their teammates hanging
- Team spirit with an “athlete” mentality. You will be expected to put your teammates’ needs first, and to learn to work together to get the job done
- Comfort with stressful situations. You will have days that are intense, challenging, frustrating, and exhausting. You must know how to perform even when things get tough.
- Comfort with negotiation and direction. We are continually telling our vendor and client contacts what to do, and negotiating with a variety of parties to get each job done.
- Comfort on the phone in a variety of contexts. You will be spending 50% of your time on the phone talking to various vendor and client contacts. Some conversations will be casual, some will be combative. You must be able to manage all of them
- Accountability. You will be expected to take responsibility for your decisions, your actions, and your inactions. Blaming and excuses will get you nowhere.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Flexibility and adaptiveness - as a small, growing organization, we are constantly iterating, and so the tools we use and the processes we follow are continuously improving
- Supportive, team-oriented work environment, with teammates who truly care about one another as individuals
- Opportunities for rapid growth with demonstrated competence, consistency and ambition
- The opportunity to work with the leader in an essential, recession-proof, high-margin industry. Our work volume has INCREASED during COVID-19!
- Beachfront office
AWP is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.