Executive Chef Kitchen Manager
Wild Mind Ales Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales is on the hunt for the best and the brightest food enthusiasts! A small, family-owned, neighborhood brewery, we are recruiting for several positions. Go-getters and fun-lovers who seek a cool, collaborative and fast-paced workplace with a transparent culture are encouraged to apply.
We specialize in hand-crafting wild beers and creating fun, unique experiences for our guests and employees alike. The emphasis, here, is on making every day, every brew a one of a kind with our different ways to ferment, from coolship and stainless steel to oak foeders and oak barrels.
Embracing our “make every day different” formula, we offer an eclectic mix of ales that is second to none and includes sours, spontaneous, IPA, stouts and lagerbiers. Furthering our goals, Wild Mind features a spirited Tasting Room, a fun space with a welcoming vibe that is all about gathering.
Come be a part of our brewery team. Opportunity knocks for those who will align with our superior standards and will push themselves to perform at their highest levels every day, even when no one is looking.
Wild Mind Artisan Ales is looking for a full-time (40 hours / week) Executive Chef to lead our growing culinary program in Minneapolis, MN. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and knowledgeable person to join our culinary team to help us craft wild menu items and continue to grow. Candidate ideally has a broad experience in the restaurant industry and is willing to teach and coach other staff and collaborate with the front of the house and brewery teams.
Job Summary: If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have previous kitchen experience, then we want to hear from you. Our busy Brewery is experiencing rapid growth, and is in need of a hard-working, self-motivated Executive Chef to join our team to develop our food program. The Executive Chef will manage the kitchen and food truck, develop menus and create delectable recipes. The ideal candidate for this position is creative, enthusiastic and passionate about food and the industry. Those with previous industry experience and knowledge of multinational cuisine are encouraged to apply. The Executive Chef for Wild Mind will take the lead on the development of the restaurant and kitchen program for a brick and mortar restaurant in the future at Wild Mind.
Executive Chef Responsibilities
- Inspect and build out the current food truck to start operations to serve food at the Brewery under strict time constraints
- Organize contractors based on the requirements of the Owners to hook up and bring the food truck up to standards to being serving food
- Apply and maintain licenses with the City of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota
- Hire staff for the food truck and schedule shifts accordingly to cover preparation and operation
- Purchase food and supplies from vendors approved by the company and monitor inventory
- Develop menus and item pricing
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitized and clean in accordance with company standards and health code regulations
- Hire, train and supervise kitchen personnel
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Assist kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Schedule the food truck for events and other venues
- Comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Work special Wild Mind events as needed
- Organize and prepare for beer dinner pairings working in conjunction with the Director of Brewing Operations
- Help build, foster and carry-on Wild Mind Ales culture
Executive Chef Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED required (two-year culinary degree preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in an executive kitchen position
- Demonstrated knowledge of current restaurant industry trends
- Must possess culinary creativity
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations
- Comfortable providing direction and supervision to kitchen staff
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and show up on time.
Wild Mind AlesWhy Work Here?
Wild Mind Ales is looking for a creative person to bring our food program to the next level!
6031 Pillsbury AveMinneapolis, MN
FoodView all jobs at Wild Mind Ales