Assistant Store Manager
Wild Birds Unlimited Saint Charles, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wild Birds Unlimited is looking for an Assistant Store Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with profitably, managing the day to day operations of the store by following the best practices, and leading other store associates to provide a welcoming and high-energy customer experience.
We are a destination that makes people happy, and we want to create an exciting and fun environment where people love to come and shop. The Assistant Store Manager is a critical leader in assisting with coaching, developing, and motivating sales associates to directly impact our organizational and overall goals, as well as being a sales leader on the floor. The ideal candidate will be proactive in strategic sales analysis and operational opportunities, including the day-to-day operations of the store. He/She must be comfortable with on-the-job training and task delegation to the store team.
We are looking for a high-energy, happy and upbeat person who will help make the customer experience fun and exciting. We are a small store that builds relationships with our customers, knows them by name, and looks forward to having them in the store regularly. The right candidate has the ability to connect with customers, easily make conversation, discern their needs, and put them at ease in educating and helping them find what they are looking for in the store.
- Open and closes the store as required
- Assist with the day-to-day operations in the store
- Continually work towards achieving sales goals
- Assist customers as needed
- Run the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Conduct periodic inventory counts by department to ensure accuracy in the POS system
- Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor and communicates well with other team members.
- Place orders with vendors as directed by Store Manager and Owners
- Assist the Owner and Store Manager in maintaining adequate inventory levels and communicate information to them regarding inventory turn
- Assist the team in checking-in, receiving and committing merchandise, and implement pricing updates as directed
Selling / Customer Experience
- Understand that the high-energy, happy customer experience is our store’s #1 priority.
- Use successful selling skills, including active listening to satisfy the customer’s need and complete the sale
- Add to average ticket as possible with each sale with the offering of additional products.
- Assist other team members on best practices and high-level customer experience.
- Understand and communicate the store’s merchandise and target products to the customer.
- Prepare displays and signage for upcoming promotions and events.
- Keep merchandising displays neat, full, and interesting at all times
- Adhere to all store policies and procedures regarding the ringing of all transactions and any administrative duties as needed
- Help keep store office and backroom clean and organized.
- Keep sales tickets and other sales-related information neatly organized
- Mail invoices, packing slips and sales tickets to Owners
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Must have 3+ years hands-on retail management experience and be familiar with a POS system.
- Must be extremely focused and have great attention to detail.
- Experience receiving inventory, pricing inventory, and managing inventory flow required.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Interest in nature and outdoor activities preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., climb a 10-foot ladder, perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will include opening, closing, weekend shifts, filling in for other team members who are ill or on vacation, working during seed sales (typically the first 2-3 weeks in October and February), on Black Friday and during the Christmas holiday season.
Why you'll love it here:
Our customers are happy and excited when they come in the store, because they are doing something they enjoy and want to learn more about their hobby. We work together as a team, and value everyone's input as we work together to continually make the store better.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Our unique stores have the largest selection of high-quality bird seed and backyard bird feeding products, including lifetime guaranteed feeders, that you will find anywhere. And the best part is when you come in our store, you find a friendly and outgoing team that provides the kind of hobby expertise you can find nowhere else. We are passionate about helping you attract and feed the kinds of birds you want to attract to your backyard.
Wild Birds UnlimitedWhy Work Here?
We Bring Joy into our Customer’s Lives...by sharing our passion for birds and knowledge about the hobby of backyard bird feeding
Wild Birds Unlimited is the original and largest franchise system of backyard bird feeding and nature specialty stores with more than 300 locations throughout the United States and Canada. WBU specializes in bringing people and nature together. Our unique stores have the largest selection of high-quality bird seed and backyard bird feeding products, including lifetime guaranteed feeders, that you will find anywhere. And the best part is when you come in our store, you find a friendly and outgoing team that provides the kind of hobby expertise you can find nowhere else. We are passionate about helping you attract and feed the kinds of birds you want to attract to your backyard.
1983 Zumbehl RdSaint Charles, MO
RetailView all jobs at Wild Birds Unlimited