Join Our Team – SALES ASSOCIATE Opportunity
If you love nature and would thrive helping people enjoy their backyards and the hobby of backyard bird feeding, consider an opportunity with our locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited of Fairfield, CT.
We are excited about birds, nature AND people and are committed to creating a retail experience to share that enthusiasm. As part of our team you will enjoy an environment that is professional and fun, with an emphasis on continued learning. Our team makes a difference!
We are seeking a Sales Associate, someone with great communication and customer service skills who will listen to our customers and help to educate them on the hobby.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Associate to work 20+ hours per week. Weekday and weekend availability is required for consideration.
Note: we are following CDC protocols and state guidelines for stopping the spread of Covid19. We require all team members to wear a mask while at work, wash hands frequently and adhere to social distancing with co-workers and customers alike.
Candidate considerations include:
- Great communication and customer service skills a must
- Enthusiastic interest in nature and back yard birds or a willingness to learn the hobby
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and willingness to continually learn and improve
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and ability to learn and accurately operate our computerized point-of-sale system
- Ability to lift and carry seed bags (40 lbs) for our customers – a foundation of our service!
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting and spend extended periods (8 hours) of time on your feet
We are looking for a candidate with weekday and weekend availability. Holidays are very busy times - Sales Associates are required to work during these periods.
Customer Experience (Job 1!): Listening to and working with our customers to ensure they have an exceptional experience. This includes carrying a customer’s seed bag(s) or other purchases to their car
Product and Hobby Knowledge: We carry a vast and varied inventory and it’s critical that our team members have a solid working understanding of our products and how each can help our customers better enjoy the hobby of backyard bird feeding. It is expected that all team members will take a “continued learning” approach to their job at WBU of Fairfield
Inventory Management: Keeping shelves fully stocked and neat and clean, receive and stock newly arrived product and break down large bags of seed into smaller sized bags, label, update inventory and clean up afterward
- Bird, hobby, product and sales training needed to excel at your job
- Positive, professional work environment
- Competitive wage and employee discount
Wild Birds Unlimited of Fairfield
Why Work Here?We are excited about birds, nature AND people and are committed to creating a retail experience to share that enthusiasm. As part of our team you will enjoy an environment that is professional and fun, with an emphasis on continued learning. We provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching, product knowledge and the customer experience. Our team makes a difference!
Upbeat, professional environment working with fun customers to help them enjoy their birds and backyards more!