Essential Job Functions
- Select sizes and types of molds according to instructions
- Ensure casting forms and form parts are clean and lubricated
- Repair casting form defects, such as cracks or broken edges, using patterns, mold boxes or hand tools
- Read work orders or examine parts to determine parts or sections of products to be produced
- Align and assemble parts to produce completed products, using gauges and hand tools
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments
- Assemble, insert, and adjust wires, tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into molds, using hand tools and depth gauges
- Measure ingredients and mix, casting material, or sealing compounds to prescribed consistencies, according to formulas
- Smooth surfaces of molds, using scraping tools or sandpaper
- Trim or remove excess material using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Experience working with concrete
- Ability to perform repetitive functions
- Standing, lifting and bending most of the shift
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques to minimize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic Math Skills
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Work is completed in a timely manner
- Quality of work is within accepted guidelines
- Equipment and work area are clean and in good repair