Essential Job Functions
- Select sizes and types of molds according to instructions
- Ensure casting forms and form parts are clean and lubricated
- Repair casting form defects, such as cracks or broken edges, using patterns, mold boxes or hand tools
- Read work orders or examine parts to determine parts or sections of products to be produced
- Align and assemble parts to produce completed products, using gauges and hand tools
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments
- Assemble, insert, and adjust wires, tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into molds, using hand tools and depth gauges
- Measure ingredients and mix, casting material, or sealing compounds to prescribed consistencies, according to formulas
- Smooth surfaces of molds, using scraping tools or sandpaper
- Trim or remove excess material using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Experience working with concrete
- Ability to perform repetitive functions
- Standing, lifting and bending most of the shift
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques to minimize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic Math Skills
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Work is completed in a timely manner
- Quality of work is within accepted guidelines
- Equipment and work area are clean and in good repair
Wilbert Funeral ServicesWilbert Funeral Services is a concrete manufacturer and service provider to the funeral service, building trades and agricultural market places. Manufactured products include burial vaults, monuments, septic tanks, retaining walls, storm shelters and miscellaneous agricultural precast products. Our operations include manufacturing plants and warehouses in 22 states.