Burial Vault Installer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This career involves working outdoors and providing customer service to deliver and install concrete burial vaults and prepare them for graveside committal services. Professional conduct and appearance are important to our customers and the families they serve more than any other position in the company. The families we serve have just experienced the significant and stressful loss of a loved one. Our role is to make their burial experience respectful, dignified, and flawless thus allowing them to move forward and grieve. Our company operates 7 days a week to provide service to our customers during difficult times so overtime is available including some evenings, weekends and holidays. No experience required - willing to train. If you are energetic, responsible, hard-working, and can be flexible with your work schedule then this is a great career opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Closing and lowering vault after service. (In some instances, this task may include assisting the gravedigger in closing the grave by shoveling dirt.)
- Prep concrete burial vaults as ordered
- Load, transport and unload burial vaults in the company vehicle
- Installing the vault into the grave
- Assembly and disassembly of graveside tents
- Preparation for graveside service (placing folding chairs/chair covers / artificial grass)
- Keep daily reports including pre-trip and post-trip logs
- Maintain a maintenance schedule on the vehicle and all equipment Maintain a clean and organized delivery truck, warehouse, and shop
- Responsible for all work functions to be performed timely, correctly, and in a safe manner
- Provide a safe, clean, respectful, and dignified burial presentation for the family and guests at the grave site.
- Communicate all service-related exceptions and issues with the plant manager immediately.
- Valid Class D Chauffeur’s License with limited infractions
- Knowledge of backhoe preferred but will consider someone who is willing and capable of learning to operate
- Must be able to obtain a medical card
- Be self-motivated and self-monitored with little supervision needed
- Maintain a clean and respectful personal appearance, wearing a clean uniform when required
- Must be flexible with working hours including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Must pass MVR check
- Detail-oriented Full body movement, use of all senses, able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs
- Must be able to lift, stand, bend, stoop, twist, turn, kneel, and squat for a short period of time.
- Must be a team player Customer service oriented
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The job will be working outdoors and being exposed to all types of weather conditions
What we provide
- Career Advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of employment
- HSA participation after 60 days of employment with the company match
- 401k participation after 90 days of employment with company match
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Safety Shoe and Tuition reimbursement
- Six paid holidays per year
- One week of paid vacation after 6 months of employment
- Evaluation with possible merit increase after 90 days of employment
- Yearly performance reviews
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. A partner may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wilbert Funeral Services
8650 Box RoadShreveport, LA
ConstructionView all jobs at Wilbert Funeral Services
Get fresh Delivery Customer Service jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.