Assistant Project Manager – Redlands, CA
Wieland is seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Assistant Project Manager in
their Redlands, CA office for projects in the Inland Empire. In this position you will have
the opportunity to become part of a strong, cohesive team working on a wide variety of
projects. Successful candidates are required to have excellent task management skills and
take ownership and pride in their work product.
Our Assistant Project Managers are integral to all functions of construction management to
support the project teams in multiple facets of construction.
Work directly with the Project Manager, Superintendent, and Contract Administrator as an integral part of our construction management team. This position enables our APMs to gain experience to become our next project managers.
Essential Job Functions
- Creating bid packages, distributing bid documents, responding to questions, reviewing proposals for completeness
- Create, manage, and update submittal and RFI logs and related workflow
- Update, manage and distribute drawings and specifications to all parties needed
- Negotiate Changes while preparing and distributing change orders as needed throughout job duration
- Track procurement and long lead items to construction schedule
- Manage close out process including punchlist, as-built drawings and documentation
- Build a positive environment within the internal and external project team including ownership, design and subcontractors
A Bachelor’s Degree and two or more years of commercial ground up and/or tenant improvement experience. Knowledge of construction management practices and accounting principles are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Bluebeam. Must have strong ability to read and interpret plans and specifications. Procore and MS Project experience is desired. Must have the ability to coordinate numerous activities and work
well under pressure.