Senior Project Manager
Wide Effect Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Jobs located mostly Baltimore, MD North right now, but looking for people willing to travel on the east coast.
Type of Projects the Building Team works on:
Assisted Living Facilities
Life Science Facilities- example: Design-Build renovation for Abiomed, a leader in developing and manufacturing lifesaving, groundbreaking technologies including the world's smallest heart pump.
Healthcare Facilities- example: Hospitals, American Health Centers, Pediatric Oncology and Breast Health Clinics, Womens health centers.
Higher Education: Athletic Centers for Universities, Facility New construction and upgrades for colleges.
As a Sr. Project Manager you will provide overall administrative and technical management on the project from conception through final acceptance. You will help drive safety, budgeting, scheduling, quality, and sub-contractor efforts to ensure project objectives are successfully met.
- Work with prospective clients to help develop professional relationships.
- Assist prospective clients with the development of project concepts, goals, and objectives.
- Assist in developing scopes of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Assist in developing estimates for proposed projects with a detailed review of project specifications, drawings, and pricing strategies.
- Supervise construction effort to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, AE representatives, sub-contractors, suppliers, etc.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, progress meetings, material control, and day-to-day direction of onsite staff, etc...).
- Supervise subcontractors and suppliers.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required. Initiate and maintain requests for information, extra work estimating, and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for the productivity of sub-contractors, efficient use of materials, the contractual performance of the project, and dispute resolution.
- Perform additional assignments per the Supervisor's direction.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Four-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience in a particular specialty.
- Experience participating in the joint venture and teaming projects is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of project management or construction management experience in Health Care, Higher Education, Life Sciences and related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, including; technology, means and methods, supervision, estimating, schedules, budgets, and safety required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, P6, and Bluebeam.
- One of the Nation’s Best Profit-Sharing Programs
- Great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision.
- 401K and Employer Matching
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
TechnologyView all jobs at Wide Effect