- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wide Effect Talent Solutions has partnered with an industry leading shipyard contractor that is in search of a Materials Expeditor with experience in purchasing and scheduling, and the ability to read basic blueprints. This candidate will coordinate with various departments to help ensure timely manufacturing processes in a shipbuilding environment.
- The Materials Expeditor will identify and resolve parts issues with the potential to impact manufacturing schedules. Maintain important working relationships with Commercial Sales, Program Management, Plant Management, Warehouse personnel, Engineering, Purchasing, External Suppliers.
• Identify unavailable materials that may not be available for upcoming assembly builds.
• Adhere to and recover manufacturing schedules by expediting material with suppliers as needed.
• Coordinate closely with Production Control, Manufacturing Capacity Planner, and Supply Chain to ensure materials are available when needed. Identify and prioritize materials needs.
• Resolve any missing or incorrect material during job picking when identified.
• Resolve material expedite requirements resulting from problems during assembly.
• Use system information and spreadsheets and update with most recent information.
• Coordinate with the shipping/receiving department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization & external suppliers.
• Prior experience with purchasing and/or scheduling,
• Basic blueprint reading.
• Work well under pressure.
• Ability to learn and effectively use production control and purchasing software. (Or prior experience with these types of software.)
• Short notice travel may be required.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Wide Effect