Wide Effect Oskaloosa, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
See below a description:
- Percentage Paid Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short term disability and Accident Insurance available
- 401K Program with Match
- Paid time off and Paid Holidays
- Incentive programs
- Sponsored Apprenticeship and paid tuition all four years of school (Plumber, HVAC, Sheet Metal apprenticeship)
- Paid continued education units and licensing fees as required by team members position
- Install, services and repairs environmental control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings and commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints, or engineering specifications
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment
- Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools, cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment
- Joins tubing or pipe to carious refrigeration units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant. Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power sources
- Installs air water filters in completed installation
- Injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems, and add Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure. Observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to ensure efficient operation
- Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soaps-and water solution. Wraps pipe in insulation batting and securing them in place with cement or wire bands
- Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment.
- HVAC Service Technician may install, repair and service air-conditioners, ranging from 15 to 150 tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and factory building
- State of Iowa Journeymen HVAC license or its equivalent with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Ability to learn to read and understand blueprints and other technical documentation
- HVAC Service Technician must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- HVAC Service Technician must have good communication, organizational and supervisory skills to interact with customers and other team members
- Available to be on call, overtime, and perform service calls as needed for the HVAC Service Department schedule
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
Wide EffectWhy Work Here?
Long term work opportunity with great benefits, 401K, and company culture!
Call us direct today at 1-833-4WE-JOBS or 262-298-0026 Team Members are standing by to talk to you!