The Plant Manager has direct accountability for the day-to-day management and supervision of the CML. The Plant Manager is accountable for quality standards, manufacturing, distribution, and general administration and staffing.
• Plan, organize, direct and control daily operations by strategically thinking about how to develop and accomplish goals
• Ensures that product meets Quality Assurance standards, freshness standards, and are delivered on time in good salable condition
• Exercises general management direction over quality control, pricing policies, operating standards and personnel issues with support staff
• Ensures that facility, equipment, and vehicles, are clean and sanitary; meeting all Dunkin and Corporate standards
• Optimize work schedules; Approve overtime as necessary, and effectively manage overtime expenses;
• Drive a safe and secure culture focused on incident and injury prevention (coaching, identifying, reporting and responding to all safety concerns) and investigate all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner;
• Manages all personnel functions in the production location, including, recruiting, hiring, training, performance evaluations, discipline and termination
• Maintains inventory, food cost, administrative, cleanliness, safety, sanitation, payroll, and product distribution procedures for the production location
• Develops, implements and continuously improves ordering, production planning, cost management, quality assurance and product distribution methods
• 10+ years of management experience within a food manufacturing environment, including experience managing a span of direct and indirect reports greater than 10 people. Bakery or Food Manufacturing and Distribution experience desirable.
• Knowledge of food sanitation and maintenance processes, procedures, and standards
• Customer service skills and a professional communicator;
• Good organization and time management skills;
• Competent in computer knowledge – MS office and great skills in Excel
• Ability to develop a solid working team, strong interpersonal skills. People oriented, with a focus on understanding learning styles and the ability to create and maintain a performance culture.
• Strong coaching, counseling, recruiting, interviewing, selection and conflict resolution skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Production Management systems.
• Must possess excellent time management and planning skills.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule including second shift and third shift hours.
Qualified Applicants may be subject to pre-employment drug and background screening.