Product Technology and Development Engineer
at Wi Labs
Sunnyvale , CA
Wi Labs mission is to provide a product development service and platform for the vape industry, with a specific emphasis on legal cannabis, nicotine and tobacco vaping product and devices. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA and backed by investors with a deep understanding of the vaping industry, Wi Labs is dedicated to leading technology innovation, product analytics and reduced toxicity testing in areas such as heavy metals, as well as use of materials applications in vape product design for its clients.
We are looking to hire a small dedicated team of leading professional engineers, laboratory managers, designers, product managers and product analysts who can work together to deliver high quality design, prototyping, analytical and product delivery services to our clients in the vape space.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position reports to the Product Development and Facilities Director and works across the WiLabs organization to help define client needs and R&D project solutions. This person will play a key role in making sure research and development efforts are successfully executed for clients, and will interface closely with product, engineering, and management of clients and their preferred manufacturers.
- Create project management framework, instill best practices, tools, dashboards for of all research projects
- Collaborate cross team team on all initiatives and lead progress, actions, and customer reviews
- Oversee and maintain high-level internal timelines for development and introduction of all WiLabs client research projects
- Familiarity with operating and setting CNC equipment and creation of control programs
- 3D modeling experience with Softworks or other tools.
- Knowledge of product assembly and dis-assembly
- Analysis and comparison on structure of consumer product devices
- Prototyping knowledge with CNC, 3D print, SLA and FDM
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years program or related experience in consumer, medical consumables, or other physical high complexity products
- BS or MS in Mechanical or applied engineering or related degrees in a technology field
- Strong strategic and creative thinking and communication skills
- Analytic and statistical understanding for results analysis and report presentation
- BS or MS in Applied or Pure sciences.
Contact person: Sam Chao