Product Development and Facilities Director
at Wi Labs
Sunnyvale , CA
Wi Labs mission is to provide a product development service and platform for the vape industry, with a specific emphasis on legal cannabis, nicotine and tobacco vaping product and devices. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA and backed by investors with a deep understanding of the vaping industry, Wi Labs is dedicated to leading technology innovation, product analytics and reduced toxicity testing in areas such as heavy metals, as well as use of materials applications in vape product design for its clients.
We are looking to hire a small dedicated team of leading professional engineers, laboratory managers, designers, product managers and product analysts who can work together to deliver high quality design, prototyping, analytical and product delivery services to our clients in the vape space.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of engineering R&D processes, methods, practices, environments, etc., associated with product design and development. Familiarity with 3D Modelling (SolidWorks), and understanding of design technologies
- Responsible for supervising, planning, owning and organizing the build-out of the Lab. Act as the point-of-contact for all issues pertaining to the lab and its usage.
- Take responsibility for implementing and maintaining lab best practices and working with the local facilities teams to make this achievable.
- Work closely with the project teams to assure method and standard operating procedures (SOPs) compliance. Familiarity with all workplace standards requirements.
- Work other Managers to ensure compliance. Proactively manage laboratory supplies and rendering materials and critical reagents, including purchasing, inventory maintenance, storage and proper disposal.
- Maintain an accessible record of Material Safety Data Sheets for all potentially hazardous materials used within the company facility.
- Serve as the liaison between external vendors and internal parties including scientists and engineers.
- Establish processes and procedures for users of the lab and prototyping equipment to maximize the efficient use of shared resources. Maintain a safe and healthy lab environment for employees and visitors.
- Develop training materials and ensure equipment users are certified.
- Create training records and plans for employees as proof of documentation.
- Work closely with the procurement to plan and budget for the growing and future needs of the business.
- Work with test and reliability engineers to enable internal validation and reliability test plans to be carried out on products and materials.
- Work closely with external vendors to review equipment purchasing requirements, to ensure the equipment meets specifications and utility.
- Manage the assembly of all lab equipment and prototyping and computer equipment and fixtures.
- Actively work with Project Managers to ensure all required items are on track to avoid any project delays.
- Coordinate various administrative tasks related to compiling, organizing, and producing materials.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of experience with proven track record in managing lab or manufacturing services group.
- Past experience planning and building-out hardware lab facilities or product prototyping operation.
- Able to think independently and fully integrate into a high-achieving small-team environment.
- Show strong sense of ownership over work. Demonstrated organizer; skilled at project management and good with client issues management
- Past experience in managing terms of quality of work performed with clients and vendors
- Manufacturing knowledge of technology processes involved in assemblies of consumer products using plastics, metals, silicone and ceramics
- BS or MS in Applied or Pure sciences.
Contact person: Sam Chao