Support expansion and enhancement of the network to maintain a technologically advanced network, computing infrastructure, security posture, and logging/administrative reporting.
* Coordinate with other teams (engineering, security, etc.) for all enhancements and expansions.
* Produce an installation plan for each enhancement.
* Operate, maintain, and administer hardware and software on servers, workstations, encryption devices, and security devices.
* Respond and troubleshoot and fix system problems: Microsoft, Mac, RedHat Linux.
* Maintain the servers, logging system, and system notifications of issues/problems.
* Provide a weekly report on server availability.
* Troubleshoot network problems by responding to trouble calls, performing fault isolation, and restoring service.
* The candidate will use tools which include ServiceNow; Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Solar Winds, V-Center, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Group Policy.
Qualifications Candidate must have 15 years' total of experience providing Tier 1, 2 and 3 levels IT support, within which:
* 5-7 years’ of experience installing, configuring and performing maintenance of MS Window server products (MS Windows 2008 & 2012).
* 7-10 years’ experience keeping IT equipment and IT services running, including troubleshooting and fixing IT enterprise issues such as servers, operating systems, active directory, and hardware issues such as workstations, servers, and appliances.
* 5-7 years of experience installing, deploying and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and file and print servers.
* 7-10 years’ experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
* 5-7 years’ experience in IP networking as it relates to local area networks while working with Network Engineers to troubleshoot advanced server network issues.
* 5-7 years’ experience with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of VMWare vSphere technologies: vCenter, ESX/ESXi, Horizon View.
Required Certifications: * Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and Specialized Certification in VMWare OR * Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Education: Associate's degree desired; Bachelor's degree also desired in a computer systems related field. Desired Skills: * Candidate must have excellent organization skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills, and a can-do attitude with a customer focus to succeed.
* Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively interact with all levels of technical understanding and executive level managers.
* Candidate must possess excellent customer service skills (in person, email and over the phone).
* Candidate must possess very strong organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, and an ability to thrive in a busy and changing environment with a can-do attitude.
* Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
Clearance Requirement: * Applicant must have an active Secret Clearance or higher with the ability to obtain and maintain Suitability for National Security Agencies