• Perform as a Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician and Tier 2 Systems Administrator in a small team environment providing full IT support in a geographically dispersed user community with ~2300 users.
• Interact with customers to define, log, and resolve issues and service requests
• Operate, maintain, and administer hardware and software on servers, workstations, encryption devices, and security devices
• Identify, respond to, troubleshoot and resolve system problems
• Maintain and respond to server and system events log (error/warning), and system notifications of issues/problems
• Provide daily and weekly reports of helpdesk activities i.e. server availability, the status of open issues, ticket closure rates, workload distribution, etc.
• Troubleshoot network and system problems by responding to trouble calls, performing fault isolation, and restoring service
The candidate will use tools which include ServiceNow; ADManager, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Solar winds.
• 5 years’ of experience working in a helpdesk environment providing user support including interfacing with users (phone, email, walk-in) for the initial assessment of service requests and incident triage, opening and assigning tickets, providing user follow up and reporting status to management.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and 8, Windows Server 2008 and 2012);
• Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience keeping IT equipment and IT services running, including troubleshooting and fixing IT enterprise issues such as operating system, active directory, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and hardware issues such as workstations, servers, and appliances;
• Minimum 2-4 years’ of experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and file and print servers;
• Experience providing help desk support for IT customer support issues including VPN, encryption (BitLocker, Mobil Armor), IronKey, workstation deployment, and smartphone deployment;
• Experience managing or inventorying IT assets such as servers, workstations, routers, warranties, IronKeys, external hard drives, and printers;
• Experience creating and deploying operating system images for servers and workstation customers customized to organizational operational and IT security requirements.
• Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer systems related field.
• Certification: Must have either – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
• Preferred certified helpdesk professional and/or ITIL certification.
• Candidate must have excellent organization skills, problem-solving skills, multitasking skills, and a can-do attitude with a customer focus to succeed.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate must possess excellent customer service skills (in person, email and over the phone)
• Candidate must possess very strong organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, and an ability to thrive in a busy and changing environment with a can-do attitude.
• Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
• Candidate must have an understanding of troubleshooting issues and systems including: hardware (desktop computers, laptops), software (Microsoft OS, Blackberry, Exchange, Office, virus protection,
PKI/CAC) in an Enterprise environment (AD, DHCP, DNS, file storage, print servers, LAN/WAN network troubleshooting (VPN, Cisco)
Applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain suitability for national security agencies.