The Testing Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of testing operations, including customer relations, lab management, high-level planning, coordination, execution, and contract reporting. Duties include developing test policies and processes, identifying optimum test strategies, methods, and tools for functional, application, system, platform, and load testing; evaluating complexity and estimating level of effort for planning various system tests; balancing test team workloads across multiple systems under test at the same time; coordinating the assignment of team members for testing; assisting in troubleshooting testing issues; and participating in testing processes.
- Oversee all aspects of the test program – technical, contract and management.
- Performs analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software or IT systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable clients, agency or industry standards timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Supervise others and act as team leader responsible for planning and executing testing task(s).
- Develops test processes, plans, automated scripts; works with the software development and testing staff to ensure adherence to documented plans & procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Understanding of core systems engineering disciplines and processes.
- Prior hands-on technical experience as Software Quality Control/Test engineer, working with a multi-disciplinary team (development, test, operations).
- Familiarity with web-based applications; languages used for application programming. and test scripting both front-end and back-end systems.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment, and quickly learn new technology concepts include both software and hardware.
- Experience with Jira for bug tracking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing.
- Test-related professional certifications a definite plus.
- US citizenship required; possesses or can obtain OPM Position of Public Trust.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, systems engineering, computer science or related technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience managing an independent test program and overseeing test execution of different types of products working with multiple project teams at the same time.
- Experience performing Project Manager duties, including developing project plans; scheduling; budget tracking; asset inventory; deliverables; and corporate reporting.
· Good communication skills and ability to represent the lab and the Governance Branch during discussions with the project team.
· Experienced in drafting policies and standard operating procedures for managing an independent test program.
· Experience with developing test plans, detailed test cases, and leading test teams
· The ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
· Ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Collaborative, fun, and friendly team environment.
- Focus on employee growth and learning.
- Merit-based culture with rapidly increasing levels of responsibility for those with entrepreneurial spirit and vision.
- Opportunity to make a difference for high-profile clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside highly talented, modest, fun, and collaborative colleagues.