Provide LAN/WAN support in a small team environment providing full IT support in a geographically dispersed user community with <1000 users working with Tier 1, 2, and 3 level user support and systems administration team members to identify, troubleshoot, resolve connectivity issues; maintain LAN/WAN networks; and recommend innovations to improve LAN/WAN environments.
• Contribute to the technical team to ensure effective delivery of infrastructure services
• Monitor the health and performance of systems in scope of this role, executing standard maintenance, tuning and remediation actions in accordance with change management procedures
• Perform support and maintenance of legacy networking components
• Assist with escalated requests for assistance from the Help Desk personnel
• Assist less experienced personnel, sharing knowledge freely and cross-training
• Assist with Help Desk activities including rotational phone support
• Assist in troubleshooting connectivity and VPN issues including Windows AD
• Perform IT pre-fielding events as required (site walks, surveys, etc.).
• Interact with customers to build relationships.
• Provide escorts for Tier 4 vendor support as necessary
• Resolve at least 90% of trouble tickets assigned to Tier 2 personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
candidate must have 15 to 17 years’ of experience providing Tier 1, 2 and 3 level IT support, within which:
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience installing, deploying, and managing Microsoft enterprise services software such as Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience administering/managing LAN/WAN environments using monitoring tools such as Solarwinds and Cisco Prime Infrastructure customized to the organization’s and security requirements.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working within a Tier 3 Cisco network support environment designing, documenting, and supporting the LAN/WAN networks, supporting VPNs (Cisco AnyConnect and Direct Access solution), i.e. GRE tunneling and wireless solutions.
• Minimum 7-10 years’ of experience performing hands on implementation of network infrastructure including: core switches, edge switches, routers, bandwidth management appliances, and related HW/SW, including install, configure, maintain, upgrade IOS and router/switch configurations;
• Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a computer systems related field
Certification: Must currently have one of the following three certifications –
1. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
2. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or
3. Cisco Certified Network Designer (CCND).
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) is optional but a plus
• Microsoft MCP or MCSA is optional but a plus