Primary Job Duties:
- Contribute to software development and/or support projects responsible for maintaining and developing new solutions for financial pension calculations.
- Develop and support C# and Oracle-based solutions as the customer adapts new technology to current processes while improving efficiency and security.
- Be responsible for supporting the design, development, and testing of enhancements efforts in an Agile environment for multiple legacy applications during maintenance and modernization releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related degree
- 10 years of general IT experience
- 5 years of full-stack programming experience in C#.NET and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with Version Control/management tools (preferably Subversion / TFS)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills working directly with clients
- Good communications skills with the ability to interact with clients on a technical and functional level and clearly deliver, present and articulate troubleshooting and development methods/solutions.
- Seven (7) years as lead Oracle database developer for database design and architecture, analysis, and programming encompassing all phases of SDLC
- Experience with developing applications that utilize MS Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), or spreadsheet manipulation libraries such as Spreadsheet Gear for .NET
- Experience working as part of an Agile Scrum Team
- Technical certification from Microsoft related to .NET programming (e.g., MTA, MCSA, MCSD)
- Demonstrated experience using MVC patterns for enterprise applications
- Experience working with additional technologies such as Visual Basic 6, MS Access, ColdFusion, and/or PowerBuilder
- Demonstrated use and throughout knowledge of unit testing practices and tools
- Experience with consulting projects for the Federal government
- Experience with systems and processes that support actuarial, retirement, or pension calculations