Patient Advocate Intake Specialist
Whole Woman's Health Alexandria, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Patient Advocate position allows for further training in the medical areas of the office which do not require medical certification or licensure. These tasks may include pathology, lab, set-up, running rooms, assisting in recovery, ultrasounds and assisting in Gyn sessions as directed. The Patient Advocate plays a key role in the practice as s/he may interact with the patient in many areas and her/his knowledge of office systems and the medical practice can contribute very positively to patient satisfaction and the success of the practice.Essential Functions
Front Desk primary duties include:
- answering phones, scheduling appointments and the intake and discharge of patients.
Lab Technician runs the laboratory where patient testing occurs. Primary duties include:
- collecting blood samples
- running tests
- taking vital signs
- serving as a point of patient education regarding test results and what they mean
Pathology Technician runs the pathology lab under the supervision of the Medical Director and the doctor practicing at the time. Primary duties include:
- sterilizing instruments
- verifying completed abortion procedures via pathology examination
Gyn Assistant assists the practitioner in GYN practice. Primary duties include:
- prepare charts for practitioner review
- interview patients
- set patients up for exams
- assist the practitioner during exams
- collect samples, run routine tests and take vital signs
Ultrasonography primary duties include:
- perform pre-op sonograms on all patients presenting for abortion services
- learn both vaginal and abdominal scan techniques
- understand how to comfort patients and respond to emotional issues
Surgical Assistant assists the doctor and the patient through the actual abortion procedure. Training to assist in surgery involves becoming familiar with medical terminology and technology. Primary duties include:
- serving as a surgical assistant
- anticipating the doctor's needs
- supplying the doctor with the necessary instruments and medications to complete the procedure
- serving as support to the patient, offering her comfort throughout her abortion procedure
Set Up/Assist/Recover during an abortion session primarily means you prepare and recover patients during surgery. Primary duties include:
- preparing procedure rooms for patients
- cleaning and stocking rooms
- showing patients to the procedure rooms before the doctor enters, and helping them feel as comfortable as possible
- starting IVs
- keeping track of the session-who has been seen, who has not, anticipating the "flow" of patients
- recovering patients post-ab, including taking vital signs, cleaning them up, assisting them in dressing, escorting them to recovery room
Intake/Billing responsible for intake duties at the clinic to include the submission of medical claims to insurance companies and third-party payers such as Medicare and Medicaid. The position reports to the Clinic Manager at our Alexandria, Virginia clinic. Primary duties include:
- Daily reconciliation of billing and reimbursements, posting charges and payments.
- Coordination of timely collection of past due amounts to achieve practice aging goals.
- Provide service of the highest quality in a professional and courteous manner to our referral sources and patients.
- Active participation as a member of the clinical team. This consists of assisting others as needed to ensure all daily activities are completed, company goals are achieved, and continuous improvements and cost efficiencies are identified and pursued.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and company policy and procedure.
- Charge capture from superbills received daily and reconcile superbills/lost tickets. Verify and update accounts with new patient demographic information received daily.
- Prints new face sheets for patient files when new information has been added or changed.
- Responsible for making sure all claims have the appropriate documentation before being coded and submitted.
- Assists management company with research of claims not paid and other duties assigned.
- Audit medical notes and superbills for accuracy in CPT, HCPCS, ICD1O coding.
- Post charges & payments.
- Filing of claims.
- Investigation, analysis & follow-up for collection of overdue accounts.
- Make recommendations for referral to collection agency, bad debt or courtesy write-off.
- Initiate & respond to telephone inquiries from clients, patients & others.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possesses strong people, organizational, and time management skills
- Has an interest in healthcare, including women's health, and a commitment to the welfare of the "whole" patient
- Has an interest in all areas of the practice: administrative, medical, counseling, customer service, etc.
- Able to problem solve, follow-through and demonstrate thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to take direction, ask questions and participate fully in learning process
- Flexibility, multitasking and willingness to learn and "go anywhere" needed
- Bilingual - English and Spanish (preferred, but not required)
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in gynecology, reproductive care, or abortion care.
- Additional Requirements:
- Basic Life Support Certification biannually
- Annual OSHA and PPE in-service training
- Must possess the ability and capability to perform any task in the office.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs or more, be able to physically move through the office unaided.
- Must have excellent visual and hearing acuity.
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- All full-time staff are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and vision insurance offerings as well as volunta1y insurance offerings and company matched 401(k). All full-time staff earn personal time off and paid holidays. Part-time staff are eligible to enroll in company matched 401(k).
- A corporate culture/environment that is diverse, stimulating, and comprised of passionate and dedicated people.
Please note that this is a working job description that may evolve as the needs of the company change.
Whole Woman’s Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion or belief, age, marital or partnership status, family status, pregnancy and maternity, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, predisposing genetic characteristic, military or veteran status, arrest record, or any other legally protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Whole Woman's Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Whole Woman's Health