Whole Body Associate Team Leader (Body Care, Makeup, Vitamins, Nutrition Assistant Department Man...
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and labor.
- Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and budget preparation.
- Assists team leader with ordering and inventory management.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security standards.
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance evaluations.
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operations-related applications.
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of supervisory experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours, sitting 1-4 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Whole Foods Market works with job sites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and ZipRecruiter to promote opportunities at our company. Please be aware that other career sites may not be accurate or up to date and may even be fraudulent. We encourage and recommend all candidates to apply via our site.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.