Job DescriptionPerforms all functions of inbound receiving related to receiving, inspecting, logging in and placement to storage areas and carts of all product delivered.Responsibilities
- Unload truck shipments to be counted, recorded in computer system and staged for stocking departments and storage.
- Operate powered pallet jack/forklift in accordance with OSHA and Whole Foods regulations to unload and move product.
- Inspect arriving product for compliance with Whole Foods Market quality standards.
- Complete accurate count and ensures order accuracy.
- Receive and affix sticker based labels to product for labeling record.
- Restack product as needed for storage and staging of product to be stocked.
- Clear receiving areas of product, recyclable materials and trash.
- Load all recyclable materials and other products to be shipped on to truck.
- Complete all documentation of items to be shipped.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Abide by all safety regulations set forth by OSHA.
- Strictly adhere to inbound door assignment.
- Verify receiving common carrier documentation and driver check in.
- Unload common carrier trucks-cross dock.
- Verify quantities received match common carrier documentation.
- Break down product onto separate pallets.
- Tag pallets for put away process.
- Move product to assigned aisles.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment
- Strict compliance with all WFM policies and procedures
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Knowledge of all relevant Whole Foods Market policies, procedures, core values, business philosophy, and quality goals
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in approach with all paperwork
- Proper use of knives, personal protective equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, hand trucks, six wheel carts, baler and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and facility
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the Distribution Center, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Must at least be 18 years of age
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we're all about. Oh yeah, we're a mission-driven company too.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here!