Job DescriptionJob Summary:As a member of our Meat retail team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive Meat displays and supporting the regional Meat vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Successfully complete QUEST in store training program.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Follow established food safety procedures.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Sample department products to the customers.
- Take special orders and inform the Team Leader.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Maintain backstock areas and coolers.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques, report safety violations and hazards immediately.
- Effectively communicate with all Team Members regarding proper department operations.
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale, wrap and store unused products in coolers.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
- Accept and process product from Receiver.
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
- Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate customer service.
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Wash dishes and utensils when necessary.
- Rotate and fill meat and poultry cases.
- Trim and bone meat and poultry upon customer request.
- Skewer meat/poultry items for kabobs.
- Marinate and/or stuff oven-ready items.
- Heat soups where applicable.
- Grind trimmings for ground meat (when certified).
- Make sausages where applicable.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Able to meet physical job requirements.
- Must have a passion for natural foods.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Possess some customer service experience.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Desire to learn all aspects of Team.
- Team Member must be in good standing.
- Team Members with written active Corrective Counselings must disclose this information to the hiring leader when they are applying for a transfer or promotion.
- Team Members on an active Final Warning are ineligible to apply or be considered for transfers or promotions.
- Some reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals.
- Repetitive use of hands and fine manipulation.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we're all about. Oh yeah, we're a mission-driven company too.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here!