Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Carefully bag groceries according to customer needs.
- Perform price checks as needed and restock returned/abandoned product in a timely manner per our Restocking Guidelines.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained; keep the register area clean and well-stocked. Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules. Keep Customer Service sales floor clean and dry.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Retrieve, organize, and clean carts/baskets as needed while maintaining appropriate log.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory rules and regulations including Weights and Measures, ABC regulations, FDA. Department of Labor, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices
- Successfully complete in store training program
- Support global, regional and store programs
- Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
- Clean tables continuously, both inside and outside
- Keep napkin dispensers full in cafe and around store (soup stations)
- Empty trash when necessary
- Clean and maintain condiment and utensil stations and coffee juice bar customer counter
- Sweep front end and outside frequently
- Keep carts trash free and flyers full
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possess some customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience preferred (for Cashier and above)
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency.
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn about natural and organic foods and products.
- Proper use of equipment, which may include but are not limited to: knives, box cutters, personal protective equipment, hand trucks, six wheel carts, pallet jacks, forklift and baler (must be 18 years of age or older for both) and all other equipment used during preparation and clean up within department and store.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Constant Interruptions
- Some exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals.
- May be exposed to extremes in temperature, humidity or wetness
- May walk and work on uneven surfaces
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.