- Expired: June 06, 2019. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking a junior Traffic Engineer for our Baltimore, MD headquarters office to work in our Traffic Engineering Design Group. Position may include working part-time or full-time at client site(s). Our clientele includes a wide range of state and local agencies including numerous MDOT SHA offices and divisions; MDTA; Baltimore City, and numerous MD counties. Our traffic work is challenging, interesting, and in many cases, on the leading edge of traffic engineering applications in the industry. Our traffic engineers design traffic signals, signing, markings, roadway/parking lot lighting, work zone traffic control, and ITS devices; conduct traffic safety/operations studies; and develop or apply Synchro, SimTraffic, VISSIM, and VISUM models. Project assignments can range from small-scale intersection improvements to complex interchange and corridor projects, as well as innovative multimodal transportation plans and parking studies.
- B.S.C.E with up to 4 years of progressive experience in traffic engineering design, with a minimum of two (2) years working on MDOT SHA projects preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Engineer preferred (MD registration desired) and PTOE a plus.
- Experience in the design of traffic control devices including signals, signing, maintenance of traffic, pavement markings, ITS devices, and lighting in accordance with SHA standards and guidelines.
- Experience working with MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Excellent reputation as an engineering professional.
- Exceptional communication, technical writing and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer: Competitive salary, Leave accrual and paid holidays, Healthcare benefits, Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Free parking. WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Number of Openings: 1
Attached Document: No documents attached for this position
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
Position Title: Traffic Engineer
Travel: Position Dependent
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Years of Experience: 4
Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP
ConstructionView all jobs at Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP