Fleet Facility Designer
- Medical , Life Insurance , Retirement
At Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP, we are "People Focused and Project Driven". We have been in business for more than 105 years and we are known for our quality work and quality employees. This is your chance to join our team - help us to design the infrastructure and buildings that improve the world!
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Facility Planner to join our Maintenance Facility Consultant team in our Baltimore office. We are looking for a detail-oriented Maintenance Facility Planner to review client operations and recommend equipment and equipment layouts to maximize operational processes. Work includes in-person client programming interviews across the county. The Maintenance Facility Planner will work with Architects and Engineers to coordinate equipment utilities and physical requirements within new and renovated buildings. Facility types include vehicle maintenance, fuel operations, roads maintenance, and process operations for municipal and transportation agencies, including bus and rail. The Maintenance Facility Planner's responsibilities include analyzing operations, developing equipment layouts within buildings, vehicle service equipment bid specifications, and improving operational efficiency.
To be successful as a Maintenance Facility Planner you should be able to design spaces and systems that respond to a client’s operating needs, workflow procedures, and equipment requirements.
- Reviewing operational processes and related information.
- Reviewing client building program areas to determine overall facility space needs.
- Developing design and equipment layouts in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists.
- Designing the layout of facilities and equipment.
- Coordinating equipment requirements with a building design team.
- Develop construction drawings and specifications for bidding.
- Reviewing equipment submittals during construction
Applicants must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field REQUIRED.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of vehicle-related operations, processes, and standards.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Documentation and organization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD. – required
- Proficiency in BIM preferred
WRA recognizes that employees play an important role in its success. Our commitment to full-time employees is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package we offer:
- Flexible work schedule options
- Competitive salary
- Leave accrual and paid holidays
- Healthcare benefits
- Group Life Insurance, as well as additional optional life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental and maternity leave benefits
WRA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work In the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of any employment visas at this time.
Position # 1501
Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLPBaltimore, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.