We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced On-Site AV Meeting Support Specialist, with a great combination of customer and technical skills. Whitlock's On-Site AV Meeting Support Specialist provides support to customers through onsite support of their meetings and events. This is achieved through electronic dispatching, performing preventive and corrective maintenance and helping manage the customer relationship. This is a great opportunity for a self-driven candidate who thrives on working with all levels of AV technology and interfacing with customers!
- Provide excellent customer service by answering all service calls and updating service tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide direct assistance to end users in the operation of AV systems
- Process Whitlock and manufacturer Return Material Authorization (RMA) requests, provide technical support for; sales, installation and system design staff, Whitlock system designers and field service personnel.
- Coordinate with Whitlock National Service Center for collateral support, RMA processing and parts procurement as needed
- Perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services to assigned audiovisual systems as needed. Complete customer PM Report upon completion of PM checks. Escalate any service level repairs to field service personnel or Onsite Service Technician.
- Perform routine Tier 1 maintenance support on all AV systems including but not limited to basic troubleshooting and system fault isolation, projector lamp changes, filter cleaning, etc.
- Provide setup and operational support for planned events
- Maintain customers contracted support levels
- Perform administrative tasks such as completing service tickets, maintaining active status board on system readiness, etc.
- Work a flexible schedule as required by the Customer
- May include after hours and on-call duties with guaranteed response times.
- May require out-of-town travel and overnight visits at remote locations.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success. We also provide training to ensure employees develop themselves for their own career and to add value to our clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree and specific industry training is preferable.
- Minimum one (1) year experience installing and servicing audiovisual systems; broadcast AV system or similar technology in defense electronics.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and evaluate audiovisual system drawings.
- Test and evaluate performance of video conference systems over ISDN (H.320) and IP (H.323) networks, including local camera and presentation source routing and control, and acoustic echo cancellation.
- Continuously seek to improve knowledge of integrated audiovisual and broadcast communications systems. This includes extensive on-the-job, manufacturer and on-line training; personal research and professional development. This includes becoming Avixa CTS certified within six (6) months of employment and pursuing additional certifications with the support of your manager.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, SharePoint, Skype for Business, etc.)
- Current familiarity with commercial audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment, including some direct training such as Extron, Cisco, Polycom, Crestron, AMX, Barco, Christie, Biamp, NEC, Sharp, Sony, Middle Atlantic, Shure and others.
May require out-of-town travel and overnight visits at remote locations.