- Posted: over a month ago
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Operations Manager oversees a number of customer accounts including activities of employees engaged in cleaning and maintaining premises of office buildings, or other commercial or institutional buildings. The position manages multiple job sites.
Position Responsibilities: Includes any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change.
● The Operations Manager interviews, hires and trains new employees.
● Resolves and responds to employee and customer issues.
● Assigns tasks to workers and inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
● Oversees and follows up on safety requirements with new employees including site-specific training.
● Purchases, issues and orders necessary supplies and equipment and ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition.
● Records employees’ hours worked or supervise the time keeping.
● Performs the duties of workers they supervise if needed.
● Responsible for site inspections and communicates with customers and update monthly reports on the condition of the building or work in progress.
● Responsible for managing and tracking labor cost against project
● Must attend all management meeting and report out
● Must be present at office unless onsite or approved by management
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises hourly general cleaners and Partner teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws. May manage several sites that do not have a dedicated site manager.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Minimum of 2yrs of supervisory/management experience or a degree from a 4 year college or 2 year technical institution.
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
● Ability to learn basic principles and techniques.
● Ability to perceive identification numbers marked on material and be able to read and understand numbers and volumes.
● Bi-Lingual – Spanish preferred
Certificates, licenses, registrations: One year certificate from college or technical school, or three to six months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands and finger(s) to handle or feel and reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must lift / move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
About Whitlock Building Services. LLC
Whitlock Building Services (WBS) is a Texas based commercial cleaning services company providing commercial office cleaning, janitorial and post construction cleaning services to businesses located in the Dallas / Fort Worth market. Headquartered in Grapevine, Texas WBS has been in business serving commercial customers since 2007. We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding even the most demanding expectations.
WBS provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. Every team member plays a vital role at WBS, so we provide them with the training, support and tools needed for success. WBS offers exceptional career paths and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We are looking for a true team-player who want to learn and grow with our company.
WBS values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees and Independent Contractors through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At WBS, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line, we are committed to making WBS an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Salary range $50,000 + depending on experience.
Whitlock Building Services, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Whitlock Building Services, LLC