RN - Psych, & Behavioral Health Units
- Posted: 10 days ago
Whitfield Regional Hospital, member of the UAB Health System, has openings for RNs to work FT day shifts or night shifts. Schedules are either DAYS: 7:00A-7:00P or NIGHTS: 7:00P-7:00A working various shifts during the week and some shifts over the weekend. Candidates with prior behavioral health experience and understanding of patients with mental illness are encouraged to apply although this is not required. Successful candidates have the opportunity to work on one of the following Behavioral Health Units: Adult Psychiatric unit, Geri-Psych unit, or Behavioral Health unit at the hospital. CPR and Crisis Prevention Intervention certifications or willingness to be trained and certified required. RN license in good standing with the state of Alabama required.
Benefits for Full-Time Staff Members
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement matching
- Paid-time Off
- Competitive Salary
- Life Insurance
- Free Fitness Membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous longevity/retention bonus following 2 years of employment in the listed departments: Med Surg, ICU, Adult Psych, Geri Psych, Labor & Delivery & ED ($30,000 upon completion of 2 years of employment), payable as follows:
- Following 1st full year of employment: $15,000
- Following 2nd full year of employment: $15,000
- Surgery ($20,000 after completion of 2 years of employment), payable as follows:
- Following 1st full year of employment: $10,000
- Following 2nd full year of employment: $10,000
- A current RN license in good standing with the Alabama Board of Nursing
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- RN with 2 years of prior experience preferred but not required.
- Full-time schedule (2,000 hours)
- Ability to perform tasks including physical activity which may include heavy lifting, i.e. patient from bed to wheelchair or to bedside commode, and extensive bending and standing, i.e., range of motion, dressing changes.
- Assess, distinguish, report and act upon the physical, social, developmental and environmental needs of all patients; and the knowledge to provide age specific healthcare to patients as appropriate and necessary.
- Report any suspected violations or known violations of Corporate Compliance policies.
- Collaborate with team members as needed to assure quality patient care.
- Maintain a customer service focus within the patient care units.
- Must possess the age specific knowledge to assess, distinguish, report and act upon the physical, social, developmental and environmental needs of all patients.
- Devise and implement the plan of care for any age patient.
- Observe and promptly record the response to care provided to all patients, also refusal of medications on MARs and in nurses notes on an age specific basis, and notifies the Physician, Pharmacist as appropriate.
- Give a detailed and appropriate age specific report on each assigned patient to the oncoming shift.
- Assures that IV lines are labeled with change date sticker; that IV’s are set up for administration and that aseptic technique are observed for patients of all ages.
- Delegate authority, responsibilities and operational management for patient care on an assigned shift.
- Strive to provide a role model for all employees and commands respect by exhibiting exemplary behavior in all areas; strive to control negative behavior in self and others, directing others and self-positive, problem-solving techniques to achieve positive outcomes.
- Consistently presents a well-groomed, professional appearance, observing hospital dress code.
- Reports all problems and pertinent information to Nurse Manager in a timely manner.
Whitfield Regional Hospital
HealthcareView all jobs at Whitfield Regional Hospital
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?