User Engagement Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
As a User Engagement Engineer, you’ll be part of a team that is solving a complex problem of multiple systems with legacy data into one discoverable platform. You’ll help their employees do their job efficiently and with great greater impact that will enhance services related to product and asset management of content, enabling rapid creation of discoverable, modular, web enabled, and visually enriched products.
Your role on the team will include:
- Responsible for user engagement and translation of user requirements, requests, and needs, specifically those of analysts, into a complex design and development process that involves a deep understanding of tradecraft, workflow, production, and their dependencies with a diverse set of technologies.
- Champion of the end user and translates the development and operational strategy between the team and the customer.
- Identify initial solution requirements through discovery sessions with Analysts, data scientists, and external systems.
- Collaborate with the solutions delivery architects and the Senior Developer identifying and developing product concepts.
- Executes overall management responsibility around client implementation with the support of the Test Automation Engineers.
- Maintain relationships with the key client stakeholder and Program Manger to address and raised issues, support solutioning on implementation risk and mitigations.
- Develop user guides and training.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience
- 10+ years of directly related experience in requirements analysis
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, technical teams, product development, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Must have experience with Service Now and application monitoring toolsets.
- Ensures responsiveness to customer initiatives and requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of performance data collection and reporting (dashboards).
- Provides liaison to OIT[JL1] enterprise leadership, business customers and end users
Desired Skills and Qualifications
Agile or Project Management Certifications
Experience in technical operations at DOD agencies, particularly NGA and DIA
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidate must hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and be willing to take and pass a CI polygraph. Final authority for approval to brief is dependent upon the client.
Whitespace Solutions is a Woman-Owned Small Business with expertise in developing and delivering technical training, custom software, and providing on-site personnel to intelligence and law enforcement organizations. Whitespace is known for its practitioner-first approach to every project, analytic expertise, and ability to bridge the gap between technologists and tradecraft experts to improve mission outcomes.
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
Federal Holiday Paid Leave
Employer Paid Life Insurance
401K plan and Employer Match
Professional Development Assistance
Whitespace Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, disability, or Veteran status.
Why Work Here?Whitespace Solutions is a Woman-Owned Small Business with expertise in developing and delivering technical training, custom software, and providing on-site personnel to intelligence and law enforcement organizations. Whitespace is known for its practitioner-first approach to every project, analytic expertise, and ability to bridge the gap between technologists and tradecraft experts to improve mission outcomes.
Awesome CEO, great benefits, Unlimited PTO