White River Marine Group is one of the largest marine manufactures in North America. Our six unique brands of recreational marine products include kayaks, fiberglass and aluminum fishing, sport, utility and pontoon boats. We are looking for a creative Industrial Designer to support the aesthetic and ergonomic development of world class marine products. Collaborating with the industry’s top talent in Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Management to explore, develop, and execute well crafted, innovative design solutions relevant to each brand and consumer.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative, self-motivated individual that works well in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines. You are passionate about the details and have a proven track record of creating products that are authentic to a brand, and connect emotionally with consumers.
· Lead design projects from concept to production release in collaboration with other disciplines, following the product development process.
· Ensure that early design concepts convey the consumer benefits, have best in class craftsmanship, excellent ergonomics and innovative solutions while meeting cost targets and manufacturing capabilities.
· Utilize competitive analysis, consumer and trend research to identify product opportunities, color/material trends and market trends to drive product ideation and proposals.
· Develop innovative design solutions according to brand design strategy
· Efficiently communicate ideas and generate design proposals through ideation sketches, refined 2D renderings and 3D CAD
· Develop 3D digital theme surface models
· Work closely with engineering team to establish product packaging criteria and guide surface development
· Create mockups to study ergonomics, packaging, and form
· Support new product development and engineering for six brands of power boat products.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in industrial, transportation or product design
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of marine, recreational, transportation or consumer products with proven, quantifiable results
· Experience leading design activity through the development process
· Professionally developed design and presentation skills including concept generation, sketching, 3D CAD and graphic design
· Desire and experience in physical prototyping. Experience with digital prototyping and prototyping soft/sewn goods is a plus
· Proactive in identifying, owning and solving problems
· Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage time appropriately
· Experience collaborating in the corporate environment for new product development, engineering and manufacturing
· Basic knowledge of composite, aluminum, roto-molded thermoplastic and soft good manufacturing techniques
· Proficient in Photoshop and/or Painter, Illustrator. Experience in CATIA, Rhino a plus