Surgical Tech Certified - Full Time
- Posted: over a month ago
The Surgical Technician assists the OR Team during procedures. Is responsible of ensuring the operating suite is adequately prepared for the procedure.
- Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific responsibilities in all emergency situations.
- Demonstrates ability to meet patients' and family's learning needs as identified in the plan of care.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with patient discharges.
- Demonstrates continued competence in treating and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Provides appropriate interventions related to safety issues.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established surgery center safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Attends and participates in all applicable surgery center training and development workshops scheduled by the facility.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a pristine manner.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
- Patient Centered
- Time management
- Technical knowledge
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Surgical Technologist or Certificate of Completion of the Operating Room Specialist Course from the Military.
- Current American Heart Association recognized Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Surgical Technologist certification, preferred.
- One year of OR experience, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, reaching and stooping. This position on occasion will require you to lift objects up to 40lbs. Ability to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of machines and computers.
This position requires regular and reliable onsite attendance. This job operates in an outpatient surgical center. This position has potential exposure to unpleasant odors, blood and body fluids, infectious diseases, and chemical and electrical hazards.
This position does not require any travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A. and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
White-Wilson Medical Center,P.A.
HealthcareView all jobs at White-Wilson Medical Center,P.A.