POSITION SUMMARY: The Adult Medicine Nurse works closely with providers and other staff members to provide patient care.
- Prepares equipment and aids provider during treatment, examination, and testing of patients including patient screening, histories and vital signs.
- Prepares for upcoming appointments to assure required documentation is received; outside test results, previous studies.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensure preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Assists in maintaining timely flow of patients.
- Administers, observes, records and reports patient’s condition to medications and treatments and notifies provider of any reactions.
- Educates patient regarding medications, sample collection and treatment instructions.
- Formulates and updates patient care plans. Posts tests and examination results.
- Refills prescriptions and handles any medication authorizations for patients.
- Completes any necessary tasks that are submitted such as prescription refills, medication authorizations, phone messages, communication of results and form completion.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
- Cross trains in other roles in the department to help with staffing needs as needed.
- Assist in obtaining prior authorization for procedures and specialists as needed.
- Fax appropriate documents to outside specialist as needed.
- Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
- Attends all department meetings and clinic required meetings.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Patient Centered
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or medical assistant school or program.
- Possession of a Florida LPN license or an active MA certification or registration.
- Current American Heart Association recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- At least one year of experience in outpatient nursing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position on occasion will require you to lift objects up to 15lbs. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position in an outpatient medical business office setting. The schedule for this position will vary weekdays between 8am to 6pm. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some overtime as approved in advance.
This position may require travel to other WWMC locations to help with coverage.
This position requires regular and reliable on-site attendance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A. and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
40 hours per week
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A.