Fort Walton Beach Immediate Care- MA, LPN or RN
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A. Walton, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION SUMMARY: The Immediate Care nurse works closely with providers and other staff members to provide patient care.
• Greets patients and prepares them for their examination.
• Triages patients by obtaining vitals and other pertinent medical information.
• Orders and schedules laboratory, imaging and surgical procedures as directed.
• Assists in maintaining timely patient flow.
• Locates results needed for provider pending review and upcoming appointments.
• Provides patient education as it relates to collection of samples, procedures, and medication instructions.
• Completes any required forms for procedures and services.
• Initiates patient referrals and coordinates with staff if a patient has barriers with the outside referral.
• Calls for transportation to the hospital when admission is needed.
• Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries or physicals.
• Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls.
• Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness.
• Consistently displays a positive attitude and a personal commitment to excellence.
• Attends all department meetings and clinic required meetings.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Patient Centered
• Time Management.
• Effective Communication
• Quality Focus
• Professional Knowledge
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or medical assistant school or program.
- Possession of a Florida Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license or an active MA certification or registration.
- Current American Heart Association recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position on occasion will require you to lift objects up to 40lbs. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position in an outpatient medical business office setting. The schedule for this position will vary between weekdays 7am to 7pm and weekends 8am to 4pm. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some overtime as approved in advance.
This position may require travel occasional travel to various clinics in Crestview, Fort Walton Beach, Destin, Niceville and Navarre.
This position requires regular and reliable on-site attendance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A. and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Weekdays between 7:00am-7:00pm, rotating weekends 8:00am-4:00pm
40 hours per week
White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A.
HealthcareView all jobs at White-Wilson Medical Center, P.A.