White Sands Treatment Center is a leading provider of drug and alcohol rehabilitative services in Florida. We provide evidence-based treatment in a residential setting for adult men and women.
We are seeking a strong professional to join our team as a Chiropractic Doctor for our Fort Myers facility. The Chiropractor is responsible for providing management of all chiropractic functions of the facility. Also responsible for providing effective leadership to the spa staff, has knowledge of the organization and directs all chiropractic activities within the facility in accordance with standards of State and Federal regulations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
· Takes detailed medical histories, including information on previous injuries, surgery, general health and lifestyle.
· Conduct physical examinations of patients, focusing on the spine and posture, and noting the range of movement.
· Establish an appropriate treatment or management plan for the patient.
· Provide musculoskeletal therapy, which involves adjusting a patient’s spinal column and other joints by hand.
· Provide additional treatments, such as applying heat or cold to a patient’s injured areas.
· Educating and advising patients on rehabilitation exercises to aid long-term recovery and techniques to ensure health is maintained.
· Keeps accurate and confidential medical records.
· Collaborates with other facility directors to discuss Performance Improvement findings, problems, and program issues, on a monthly basis.
· Develops and implements action plans, as needed, to correct problems or issues defined.
· Assists in periodic review and revision of policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
· Attends provider meetings, as scheduled.
· Complies with required hours in accordance with contract agreement.
· Works collaboratively with the Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Clinical Director, facility staff, physician, and allied staff.
· Adheres to and ensures facility policies and procedures are followed.
· Abides by all safety/risk, infection control, and other guidelines, as required.
· Assists in ensuring State and Federal regulations, and JCAHO standards are met and maintained.
· Coordinates and supervises all Quality Assurance functions within the program.
· Liaisons with other healthcare practitioners and refers patients requiring other medical attention.
· Local Candidates Only
· Knowledge of the Principles and Practices of the discipline.
· Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards.
· Demonstrates Proficiency in Communication & Written skills.
· Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding Patient Confidentiality laws.
Job Type: Part-time, 10-15 hours per week
· Graduated from an accredited Medical School or School of Chiropractic Medicine. State licensed.
· Licensed to practice chiropractic medicine.