At White Oak, you'll be on the front lines of our social media which is at the heart of everything we do. We're seeking a digitally savvy self-starting social media copywriter with a unique voice and strong eye to come work with us out of our sunny Los Angeles headquarters working with some of the best restaurants, hotels and travel clients in the city. The perfect candidate will have professional experience in social media and proven success growing accounts engagement and following across channels with an innovative, playful approach.
- You'll collaborate, plan and ideate new creative ideas with our PR & events teams for our hospitality and real estate clients. You will marry content, video, copywriting and creative into one comprehensive plan.
- Talk to the people. Communicate with customers and potential customers in a concise, fun way on everything from our science to what makes us special. You'll give a heartbeat to our clients’ presence on Facebook and Instagram, and develop two-way conversations with consumers.
- Build a cult. Engage our community and iterate on content that serves them best.
- Embrace change. Embrace new and innovative ways to tell stories on the web.
- Report back. Use data to gather social learnings and share them with the wider team.
- Team player. Will cross-pollinate with the rest of the marketing team, utilize an editorial calendar, and broadcast our stories across all social channels
Who You Are
A Social Media Content Manager is responsible for managing the online voice of multiple clients on a daily basis. You’ll work alongside our Visual Content Manager, overseeing Digital Coordinator and reporting to Digital Account Supervisor. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly. You think for yourself and often do before being asked to do. You're creative and witty, and we'd know one of your social media posts if we saw it.
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a social media role.
- You are a natural wordsmith, and can articulate deep, emotional, or funny messages in under 140 characters.
- You're obsessed with social media and have a rock-solid understanding of creating, promoting, and distributing shareable content across multiple platforms.
- Have a demonstrated ability to craft tweets, Facebook posts, and live social coverage, that people want to share and engage with.
- You can create well written, grammatically correct, engaging copy. You're a great judge of what works and what doesn't.
- Extremely distinct tone of voice.
- Must be a strong, creative writer
- Must have excellent grammatical and proof-reading skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow-through
- Must know how to prioritize
- Must have strong work ethic, and understand the non-traditional hours of agency life
- Must have willingness to work evenings and weekends, if needed
MUST LOVE FOOD, FUN, TRAVEL AND EVERYTHING IN THE REALM OF HOSPITALITY! Tell us your favorite last meal! Where have you traveled. We want to know!
Job Type: Full-time