White Oak Communications is seeking a Publicist. The individual in this position should have 2-3 years of agency experience managing high level accounts in the food / wine / spirits industry, or in the real estate / travel / lifestyle industry.
Strong candidates will demonstrate experience in writing and editing, knowledge of their given industry, ability to research, ability to work independently and ability to stay on top of trends. We are looking for someone with natural charisma and excellent presentation skills, and who possesses a passion for Public Relations and the ever-evolving media landscape. You are comfortable dining with media at meals and hosting them at press events. Candidates should be able to manage accounts and comprehensively report up to a senior team member.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a unique opportunity to work and advance in a dynamic, growing agency.
Interested candidates may submit their cover letter, and resume.
Who You Are
You thrive in a fast-paced environment where decisions are made on the fly. You think for yourself and often do before being asked to do. You’re creative and witty, and we’d know one of your pitches if we saw it. You can produce on-brand, creative deliverables on a deadline.
You’re obsessed with hospitality & travel and have a rock-solid understanding of creating, promoting, and distributing shareable content across multiple platforms.
Have a demonstrated ability to write, pitch and get press placements, as well as work on a minimum 5 accounts.
- Have a passion for writing pitches, press releases, and biographies, developing interesting press angles, and staying constantly abreast of the trends of the industry
- Build & maintain strong relationships with high-level local, regional and national online, print and broadcast media contacts
- Proofread and edit
- Collaborate with and offer ideas to the events team and the social media team
- Brainstorm creative ideas and strategies for campaigns building out media strategies for your clients
- Compile & maintain media lists in order to pitch to various media outlets throughout the world
- Secure media coverage for your clients to ensure their monthly goals are being met
- Interface and liase with clients, handling their day to day communication and requests, working closely with the account supervisors and senior management
- Track coverage and deliver weekly reports to clients
- 2 years minimum agency experience
- Must be a strong, creative writer
- Must have strong local media connections, with a desire to build
- Must have excellent phone demeanor
- Must have excellent grammatical and proof reading skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow-through
- Must know how to prioritize
- Must have strong work ethic, and understand the non-traditional hours of agency life
- Must have complete knowledge of Cision
- Must have willingness to work evenings and weekends, if needed
MUST LOVE FOOD, FUN, TRAVEL, AND EVERYTHING IN THE REALM OF HOSPITALITY! Tell us your favorite last meal! Where have you traveled. We want to know!
Job Type: Full-time